Welcome Guest: Login | Register It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 am

Board index -*- Welcome Home -*- - The Notice Board - Continued transitions for the YM site & Boards!

YM Boards News & Info - ALL users must follow our Guidelines - please read before posting!

Moderators: youngmommies, YM Admin

Continued transitions for the YM site & Boards!

Unread postby youngmommies on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi gals!

Just a quick note (since hopefully most members saw the messages on our Facebook page & Twitter!):

This summer I seem to be finally getting a bit of time to make some (very overdue) changes & updates. Here are some of them:

* The current version of the Boards (and I mean that in a technical sense) is out of date. So I'll be updating it! There's a back-up copy being made right now. After it is complete, I'll need to lock the Boards to instal the most recent version.

* In addition to updating the Boards' version, I will also need to do some moving around of the databases. I'm closing down my KStarDesign website, & unfortunately our web host tangles up whichever site was labelled as the "primary" site with the names of the databases! So I'll need to make sure the databases get linked to properly or re-named or whatever can be done now (instead of waiting until KStar expires on July 22nd). I'll also update the link here on the Boards so that it'll jump to the blinkies & freebies again...

:love: Yes, *all* the blinkies and freebies that were hosted on KStar will still be available! Right now they have all been transferred to my personal website, Krismom.com. The file structure is exactly the same for most of the images, so if you have links in your Siggies, just head to the User Control Panel & change "kstardesign.com" to "krismom.com" wherever you see it. Any "custom request" blinkies will be moved to the /blinkies/ subfolder (so you'll also need to change "gallery/" to "blinkies/" wherever you see that).

* Looks like I missed one of the Forum Areas where I was working on the name changes last time around! The Super Mommies Forum has been renamed "The Busy Kitchen". I think this completes that "homey" makeover that took so long to complete, but I'll look again to make sure. :)

I will try to get these changes made at the best times I can manage - like, say suppertime! :thumbsup: I expect that's a quieter time for everyone here than say, naptime!! It's been a long time since my kiddos were babies, but I remember those stolen moments of time, getting to come & chat with friends, that I would eagerly get to once my babies were asleep. ;)

Love to all the mommies out there! <3
~ Kris (your founder)

*post stickied for 10 days
The Young Mommies Help Site ~ YoungMommies.com
Supporting, informing and connecting young mothers so they can better face the challenges of parenting..."

Follow YM on Twitter: twitter.com/youngmommies
Become a fan on Facebook: YM Fan Page

Image Image
youngmommies
Site Director
Site Director

Mommy status: Mommy
Kids' names and ages: 1998/2004
Duedate: all done!
Internet Access: Yes

Re: Continued transitions for the YM site & Boards!

Unread postby youngmommies on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:42 am

Update!

The YM Boards are now running on the latest version of phpBB & everything seems to be working at *least* as good as before! While I was at it, I've also started making some other improvements...

* New phpBB Mods - there are so many cool modifications that we can add to the Boards to make them safer, more engaging, easier to navigate, & more fun. Stay tuned for more info on those new features as they're rolled out.

* Since there were so few people using the Theme "prosilver" (the standard starter theme), I've discontinued it. I'll continue to keep both of our remaining theme choices updated (Transparent & MyStyle). If there's interest in adding another theme, that's a possibility for the future too.

* New Smilies! Just a few but they're cute! And hopefully they make up for the "not so good" Smilie news... Unfortunately, the update didn't fix the problem we were having with Smilies not showing up when the "View more smilies" link was clicked (only page 1 shows up & the bottom links for pages 2 & 3 that used to be in that little pop-up window are missing), so I'll be continuing to work on that issue.

For now, please enjoy these lil' happy people:

:stuckonline:
Code: Select all
 :stuckonline:

:sickkids:
 :sickkids:

:couchhappy:
 :couchhappy:

:couchpotato:
 :couchpotato: 

And don't forget about some of the bigger ones that aren't showing presently (which I guess means that some members may not have seen them at all!):
:guesswhat: :morning: :sosorry: :aargh: :awes: :happy4u: :getwell: :thinku: :mia:
:Welcome: :welcome:
  :guesswhat:  :morning:  :sosorry:  :aargh:  :awes:  :happy4u:  :getwell:  :thinku:  :mia:
:Welcome: :welcome:

See you soon!
~Kris
Supporting, informing and connecting young mothers so they can better face the challenges of parenting..."

Image Image
youngmommies
Site Director
Site Director

Unread postby youngmommies on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Yikes! Sorry that the Board update last month was not completely successful... I just finished putting in 4 hrs (no joke) to get it fixed but I'm happy to say...

It's Fixed!!! :greenjumpers:

Can ya tell I'm relieved??

So the log-in is now working as well as all the forums. No posts or users or anything seem to have been lost, so that's great. The one downside is that our lovely extra Modifications have been "broken", but these can be re-installed. I've also had my eye on some awesome other Modifications, including one that will make the Boards viewable from cell phones or other devices with smaller screens - can't wait!! :)

Hope to see things perk up around here... as always, I'm help as much as my ridiculously unlucky life allows (my health hasn't been this good in 6yrs so that's a good start at least).

<3 <3 <3
Kris

Image Image
youngmommies
Site Director
Site Director

Unread postby emi8783 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm so relieved! It's so good to be back!
emi8783
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

Kids' names and ages: Riley(2), Gavin(1), and pregnant
Duedate: 4-29-15
Partner status: married
E-mail: emillieshaffer@ymail.com

Return to - The Notice Board -